Getting diagnosed with an illness or life altering disability can be devastating. Personally, cancer and Parkinson’s Disease have touched my life and I understand how helpless any diagnosis can make you feel. The disease or diagnosis doesn’t just affect the person diagnosed. Disease and disability affects the entire family and sometimes you just don’t know where to turn for support. I understand an empathize with you.
I provide counseling to individuals and families who are facing a medical diagnosis. I can help you with:
- Acknowledging your feelings regarding your diagnosis.
- Recognizing your concerns about your future
- Making the difficult treatment decisions
- Understanding how your condition may affect your daily life
- Developing a strategy for educating yourself on your condition
- Defining your hopes and aspirations for the future
- No matter what the diagnosis there is hope